THE FINE PRINT
The GABS Hottest 100 is all about the consumer, the craft drinker that makes the beer world go round all year. This is their chance to celebrate their personal selection of the five best beers they enjoyed over the last 12 months. The consumer is the reason our brewers get out of bed in the morning and we encourage all breweries to give you the pleasure of casting votes for the beers they loved in a fun people choice poll.
Only one vote (for five different beers) is permitted per person, and a valid email address must be submitted for each vote to be counted. GABS reserves the right to remove votes, or voting behaviour, that appear to break this rule, be manufactured, or we deem to be false or not in the spirit of the poll. Voting closes at 11.59pm AEDT on Friday 20 January 2023.
Beers must have been brewed in Australia and sold in kegs, cans or bottles in the 2022 calendar year.
CAN’T FIND ONE OF YOUR FAVOURITE BEERS?
We understand that can be a bit disappointing and appreciate how important it is for you want to celebrate how good the beer tasted by shouting it your personal vote.
As you can see there literally thousands of beers nominated by hundreds of breweries and sometimes your favourite may need to be added.
Good news is you can request a nomination and we will check in with the brewery to see if it meets the qualifying criteria and it could possibly be added as a people’s choice nomination. You will need to abandon your vote and check back in 72 hours.
Australian beer brands deemed by GABS as ‘non-craft’ (eg. Crown Lager, Toohey’s) are ineligible. International craft brands brewed in Australia (eg. Brooklyn Brewery, BrewDog, Goose Island), are also ineligible.
Australian craft brands brewed by multinational companies or supermarket chains (eg. Matilda Bay, James Squire, Little Creatures, Cricketers Arms, Mountain Goat, 4 Pines, Feral and Steamrail) are eligible.
No brands or breweries other than GABS are permitted to offer prizes, incentives or inducements of any value in exchange for votes for beers, or promote the poll in a way that could be perceived as such. Brands and breweries are not permitted to ask for proof of votes.
Any breaches of the above terms, intentional or otherwise, will lead to the brand/brewery and/or voter being disqualified. GABS’ decision on all matters related to the integrity of the poll is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
GABS HOTTEST 100 VOTING COMPETITION
“VOTE FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A SHARE IN $5,000 IN PRIZES”
1. The promoter is: Spectapular Enterprises Pty Ltd.
2. The competition is a promotional campaign to encourage participants to vote for their 5 favourite beers in the Hottest 100 Voting Campaign. Each voter will receive one entry into the draw to Win a Share in $5,000 in prizes.
3. Competition entry is limited to residents of Australia only.
4. Fifty winners will be chosen, by way of random draw by the promoter’s auditors.
5. Employees of Spectapular Enterprises or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
6. Routes to entry for the competition is to register to vote via the Hottest 100 voting portal and select 5 beers from the list of nominations.
7. Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
8. The closing date for entry will be 20 January 2023.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for any reason whatsoever.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable
law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
12. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner
cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
16. All entrants agree to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation.
17. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
19. The prize is limited to the following outlined components. All additional travel costs, spending money, insurances, additional meals and miscellaneous items are prize winner’s expense. All prize bookings will be subject to Australian Government COVID-19 guidelines.
100 tickets to GABS Festival 2023, valued at $5,000.
50 winners will each receive 2 x single entry tickets to a GABS Festival session of their choice in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to the value of $100 (each single-entry door ticket price is $50).